Monday, November 13, 2017

My shower routine

So, everywhere I go, I get compliments that I "smell so nice" and some people have even felt the  need to fill that out with "for someone who is disabled" which brings to mind the "nursing home smell" that many just think is normal for the elderly and those who spend much of their time in their bed due to illness or an inability to walk etc.

I decided to give you a run down of how I take care of myself and make sure that I am not wafting an obnoxious "eau de stinky" around on the unsuspecting souls near me. My full shower routine takes me about 30 minutes, and I am seated for the whole time.

First things first - I clean my teeth. I brush properly, and also the inner cheeks, roof of mouth, tongue and under the tongue. Then I rinse and rinse!

That done, next I wash my face with the AVON Anew Comforting Cream Cleanser and Mask and rinse it off with a face cloth.

Next,  soak I my hair and wash it with Advance Techniques Keep Clear 2-in-1 Anti-Dandruff Shampoo and after rinsing that thoroughly, I apply Advance Techniques Ultimate Volume Conditioner to the ends and comb it through. I leave that in while I shower.

I'm a big fan of moisturising as I go, and the Skin So Soft Foaming Body Oil makes that so easy to do.  I use the original fragrance but I mix 2-3 pumps (on my washcloth) with a squirt of JR WATKINS Lemon Cream Daily Moisturizing Body wash and then wash all over with that, and rinse it all off. I make sure to rinse myself throughly, and I just enjoy relaxing with the water rushing over me.

Finally, before getting out of the shower, I rinse my hair thoroughly.

I towel dry my hair, and then just leave it to dry naturally.

Then comes the second half of my routine.

First, I dust under armpits, boobies and belly with Johnson's Lavender Corn Starch to stop any sweating.

In my hand, I squeeze about a quarter-size dollop of AVON Prima Body Lotion and I add a few drops of lavender oil to this and mix together. I use lavender as a calmer, to help try to stave off my high blood pressure and panicky episodes. This, I then rub all over my arms and hands, and the remainder onto my knees and thighs.

I spray AVON Daydream fragrance on my outer thighs, and AVON Prima on my wrist and inner elbow.

All that then remains is to get dressed, and brush my hair, and I am ready to head out the door for whatever I'm planning. And to hear those compliments "you always smell soooo good!"

Have  a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment