Saturday, December 30, 2017

Decluttering and donating

As we come to the end of this year, I look back and see somewhat of a roller coaster, but through it all, I am thankful to God that it is ending better than it began.

It began with some awful highs and lows of blood pressure, ER visits, heart palpitations, and heart monitoring and ends with somewhat stabilized blood pressure, and an understanding of the A-Fib and how to avert them when I sense them coming on. It has been a journey, that's for sure.

In January I was spending as much as 95% of my day in bed, and needed hubby pushing me in a wheelchair when we went out and about. At the grocery store, he would go in and bring a rideround cart out to me.

I end the year, having got a seated walker (a rollator) in May/June, and despite still using the ridearound in the grocery store, walking more (with the rollator) and becoming more active again. It feels so good!

Hubby and I have re-one our living room in the last few weeks, and I have a seated elliptical, that I pedal, in there.

Along the way, these past few weeks, we have been doing a lot of decluttering as we have been redoing it, and the Salvation Army has been most grateful for my discarded items. They told my hubby they love it when my boxes get donated, LOL. I'm glad to see things go to good use. We can see what the Salvation Army does in our area, with its hostels for the homeless, feeding program and the annual Christmas programs. Hubby donates to them weekly through his paycheck, and then whenever I turf out, they get my things.

Today, I have boxed up a whole load of AVON that customers failed to pick up this year, that I then failed to resell (and I hate returning things), and this way they don't go to waste.  I also went through some of my closet and drawer space for clothes that no longer fit me or I no longer wear.

A bag of plastic recycleables, and a bag of paper recycleables were also collected and are no longer taking up space just scattered in what was my AVON room previously. It def feels good to lose all the clutter!

I'm hoping the New Year will see me continuing to improve health-wise, and decluttering.


No comments:

Post a Comment