Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Today is one of my "hard" days

Hi everyone!

Living with health issues is hard, and when pain is one of them, it intrudes on life in so many ways. When another is a lack of strength and mobility, something that should be an easy task and take maybe an hour from start to finish, becomes and all day thing, and such it is today, as it's my AVON sorting day.

UPS delivered to me late yesterday, and hubby brought the boxes in for me. 2 are full of brochures, and 2 with my customers' orders. It's almost 9am and I haven't even started, I've put it off for a couple of hours now, but it won't sort itself, so I'll need to stop procrastinating soon and slide the boxes down to my bedroom, to get started on checking them in.

I can't stand long enough to unpack the boxes, so I sit to do it, and the bending over and twisting is like a full session of exercise for me, it leaves me exhausted and in pain. But I love my AVON business and the independence it gives me, money-wise. So I keep on, although this part of my business truly is the hardest for me.

Most of everything else, I can do online or by phone. Unfortunately, sorting is very physical, and what I once would have accomplished with ease, is now a major undertaking. I dread it before it begins, I have to take breaks when the pain gets too bad, stretch my back and legs out when they start spasming, but OH ... the feeling of ACCOMPLISHMENT when all is done and I have everything bagged up and invoiced ready for deliveries to my local customers! It's exhilarating to look at the boxes of bags and know, I did it!  I got through it. It may take me all day, but I don't let my pain and lack of physical abilities win!

Update:

Only 3 hours later, LOL.




Bringing the boxes down (shuffling them between my feet between the walker frame) is a mix of awkward, difficult and (if you are a fly on the wall) hilarious, but I managed it,  and then to lift them onto the bed.

They are now all checked in and everything accounted for, so I'm resting a little before round 2, the bagging! While resting, I'll get my customer invoices printed out.

Update:

Only 2 hours later! YAY!

All sorted and bagged up ready to go!



Ah, the sense of accomplishment, and thankfulness that it's all done! LOL.

Now I just have AVON brochures and flyers to label. That's ok though, I'm taking a break for now!

Have a great day my friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment