Friday, August 10, 2018

Busy day!

They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, and that bears true with me in today's techy age. I know how to do what I know how to do, and may even look like quite a pro doing it, but change something, and I'm lost!

So it has been with my new AVON website, LOL. It IS lovely and everything is at your fingertips ... but I struggled all day, yesterday, to figure out where to find things that weren't where I expected them to be. And they WERE in plain sight ... just my brain was accustomed to a certain way of doing things and seeing things, and totally missed what was actually right in front of me.

I'm just plodding along. It's taking me a bit longer to get my head around it that the younger, more tech savvy ones, but that's ok. I'll make it in the end, even if I'm last over the finish line!

Today is hubby's off Friday, so we got a lie-in ... not as late as we'd liked as a certain four-legged fiend was meowing for her food at 5.30am when we are normally getting up, but we did snooze again a little, afterwards.

We made a delivery to one of my ladies, took back a library book that I'd finished reading, dropped off recycleables at the Conestee Park collection bins, and then headed to see my lovely crew at Hu Hot, for lunch. It's like family when we go there, they are smashing!

After lunch, we went grocery shopping at Lidl ... I love that place too. I get my exercise in there pushing my walker all over the place, up one aisle and down the next.

I'm so thankful for my walker, it's definitely helped me regain some of my mobility AND my weight loss journey. 81lbs gone now. WOW. That's a whole maybe 8 or 9 year old's weight! I still have a long way to go but I'm just a tortoise plodding along, day by day, and as long as I'm going in the right direction, it's all good!

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment