Monday, June 26, 2017

Monday Morning Thoughts

Such a beautiful morning outside. 5.30am it was cool, and there was a gentle breeze blowing. Absolutely lovely start to the first day of a new workweek. Gives a good feeling for my expectations of the day. I'm hoping to be productive!

Yesterday, I started packing up my Mrs Albee statuettes and boxing them, then popping the boxes into a big Rubbermaid container for some extra protection. Part of my decluttering for now, and packing to move, later. Yes, it may seem like I'm jumping the gun, since we have no new home to go to yet, but the decision has been made to move and thus, it will happen. I love people, just not living so close to me. 



We moved here 14 years ago because it was semi in the boonies, and that was what we wanted, that peace and quiet, the sights of nature, that come with rural living. The sale of the corner property, where the old neighbours had sheep, dogs and geese, has given way to 6 new homes. The noise from the construction has scared away all but 3 young deer from the herd that used to saunter into our back yard as they felt like it, the earth movers have shook my home so many days as they dug into the ground for foundations, it's not peaceful here any more. I don't have the contentment that I used to.

So, hubby and I are boonie hunting again, and since one of my favourite places to go is the river park at Ware Shoals, that's where we are starting to look. I love the little town, the people we've met down there have all been so friendly, and seems like it has a very Southern, almost Mayberry, mentality to it. In my "golden years" that suits me to a tee.

While we were out and about yesterday, I passed a few new subdivisions, and have decided that I need to bag up some brochures and samples, and take my trusty walker with me (so that I can sit, as necessary)to pop them on doors in a couple of them. Maybe I can meet some people that way and make new friends, as well as grow my AVON business. It will have to be on a cooler day though as Ive never done well in the heat, and now I'm older, I have even less tolerance. My "bag of tricks" now contains my inhaler, my emergency blood pressure meds, my emergency anxiety pill, I think I rattle when I walk now, LOL.

I also passed a couple of places that I want to contact, to see if they will allow me to put brochures in their locations, or maybe even join me and make extra money for themselves, since they are already working a business there.

I have to think smarter since I am finding it harder to maintain my business as I used to, and I am 6 months into the year and not even half way to President's Club qualifications this year. For me, failure is NOT an option, because I use my successes to inspire others ... since if I can achieve it, with all my health issues and lack of mobility, then healthy, able-bodied folks can too! Just have to be determined, and go for it!

Hard for me to think that it will be 11 years, this October, since I joined AVON. Almost 11 years since I met my upline, my friend and mentor, Glori Gossett, and began my AVON journey. I have met so many wonderful people in the AVON family, achieved successes I would never have imagined, and had so much fun along the way.

It's a good Monday morning! Now work beckons ... so I must "away", as they say, and get on.

Have a lovely day, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment